Harvest Hills will deliver a set of specific road improvements and contribute an additional $4 million for improvements to local roads and intersections near the proposed community. As a result, every studied intersection or road in the City of Escondido will maintain or improve its current flow of traffic. Harvest Hills specific road improvements include:
- The intersection of Citrus Avenue & San Pasqual Valley Road will be enhanced to prevent left-hand turns onto eastbound San Pasqual Valley Road.
- A new traffic signal and turn lane will be constructed at Summit Drive & San Pasqual Valley Road.
- Multiple improvements will occur at and along Rockwood and Cloverdale Roads, including:
a. Installing a new traffic signal;
b. Restriping to add a second westbound lane on Rockwood Road turning south;
c. Creating a raised median from Cloverdale to the school; and
d. Providing a new, safer route to school with a crosswalk on Rockwood Road.
- A new traffic signal will be installed at San Pasqual Road and Old Milky Way.
- New dual turn lanes will be added to improve the SR-78 approach to Cloverdale Road.
- A new traffic signal will be installed at the intersection of Ryan Drive and San Pasqual Road.
- Northbound and southbound turn lanes at Bear Valley Parkway will be lengthened, and traffic lights will be updated to include adaptive signal timing.